[x3d-public] X3D working group minutes 21 JAN 2022: Mantis issue resolutions for Text layout and glTF, IMPORT/EXPORT, Projects Wish List, Blender

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:28:29 PST 2022

Thanks for the summary. A short response below:

Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 17:30:32 +0000
> From: "Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV)" <brutzman at nps.edu>
>         <x3d-public at web3d.org>
> Subject: [x3d-public] X3D working group minutes 21 JAN 2022: Mantis
>         issue resolutions for Text layout and glTF, IMPORT/EXPORT, Projects
>         Wish List, Blender
> BY3PR13MB4884F4AAD2BE2F2329249981C45B9 at BY3PR13MB4884.namprd13.prod.outlook.com

> Attendees:  John Carlson, Vince Marchetti, Nicholas Polys, Dick Puk, Don
> Brutzman.  Regrets Anita Havele.
>
> 3. Projects Wish List.  https://www.web3d.org/projects/wish-list
>

>   1.  Add View3Dscene to section 1 to note available as open source, fully
> implementing glTF.
>   2.  Does X3DOM support ROUTE? Yes.  Prototypes? Maybe - interesting
> recent examples posted.  X3D Scripts?  No.  Hoping Andreas might provide
> succinct status and where help is useful, we will then discuss further on
> x3dom-developers list.

x3dom ROUTE support exists for a long time.

Prototype support: I think Prototype support is pretty robust now. All the
examples I could find which do not need a script work.

X3D scripts: unfortunately no.

  3.  Crucial issue common to X3DOM, X_ITE, view3DScene: plans for
> supporting WebXR?  This should be elevated as #1 wish list on client side.

There have been requests but nobody stepped up sofar. There is WebVR
support and it may be possible to update to WebXR with reasonable
investment.

Hope this helps, Andreas

Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453