[x3d-public] Plans for proceeding with C/C++/C# specification and implementation; XSLT and Saxon

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jan 26 11:13:42 PST 2022

John, as inspection of our open-source codebases quickly reveals, we have remained fully compatible with Saxon "home edition" free editions.  Last fall we successfully upgraded to Saxon 10 without mishap.  A copy of the most recent jar is maintained in our version control so that any transitions or upgrades are careful and deliberate.  XSLT itself is a W3C standard.  There are no non-standard extensions in any of our Web3D stylesheets.

The Saxon project page on Sourceforge describes the various versions available.

  *   http://saxon.sourceforge.net

No doubt other tools exist as well.  My personal approach uses Saxon/java/Netbeans as primary and XMLSpy (educational license) as second-check confirmation.  You will not find any other assets in our open-source X3D tools and content that require proprietary license support.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149
X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https:// faculty.nps.edu/brutzman