[x3d-public] Volunteer position, jack-of-all-languages

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:03:41 PDT 2022

I need help with my code base as my carpal tunnel has restricted the amount
of work i can do.

Particularly,

X3DJSONLD converts JSON to DOM documents and Python using many languages.
Keeping X_ITE and X3DOM’s JSONParser.js up-to-date is most critical here.

Updating tests and creating a web test suite with puppeteer, playright or
other would be welcome.   Testing has become less relevant.   Creating test
logs for comparing with previous test run would be welcome!

Overall upgrades to ESM and  TypeScript would be help, as well as moving to
modern native TypeScript with bun or deno engines.

Creating a modular serializer framework for converting DOM documents to a
variety of languages with JavaScript would be useful.   I need help
refactoring.

Enhancing conversion scripts between JSON and STL, PLY and Three.js would
be welcome.  Some form of tessellation framework is most critical here.

Working with Andreas to make sure JSONParser.js created DOM works with his
XML ProtoExpander would be helpful.

If anyone knows a good speech, haptic or other environment where one can
produce code without typing, that would be helpful.

Any skill level is welcome, will train, but knowledge of recursion or
replacing recursion is most welcome.

Some templating has been done for conversions, updates to X3dToJson.xslt
and X3dToES6.xslt welcome.  Using JSON as input to Saxon welcome!