[x3d-public] X3D meeting minutes: X3D4 Architecture ISO ballot now in circulation

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:17:51 PDT 2022

Excellent work Don et al.   I have not yet tested the DIS implementations,
but i may try to extract standards text and convert to 8-bit or 2x6-bit
ASCII or Unicode  Braille (original Braille is 6-bit and thus can’t cover
all ASCII codes).  I believe the 256 unicode characters in Unicode stand
for the dimples (not something like ‘R’).

If anyone wants to put in effort towards Unicode Braille, that would be a
great help towards the deafblind being able to read the standards in their
own localized languages.

Likely this will aid in getting 3D printed information more accessible
(particularly annotations and metadata).

I don’t know what I’m doing, i feel like the blind leading the blind.

John