[x3d-public] C/C++/C# SAI interface bindings, feedback

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:29:47 PDT 2022

Are you translating from XML or JSON examples?   You can do this by hand
for the first few examples, but ultimately you want X3dToC.xslt,
X3dToCpp.xslt, and X3dToCSharp.xslt transformer files, which can also be
used by X3DJSAIL to translate XML to C, XML to C++, and XML to C#.   Follow
Don’s advice, make a few examples by hand to create your templating rules
before attempting to do .xslt.   Personally i like to use an X3D example
that Don generates from Java, found in x3d/stylesheets/java/examples.

There are good X3dTo*.xslt examples to start with in the x3d/stylesheets
folder, where the other .xslt files are.

If you want to start with JSON examples, I have some very preliminary
JavaScript files to translate to C and C++.

We’ll probably end up doing both.

You may safely ignore the other topics in my previous email,  I’m trying to
figure out a better XSLT.  I don’t see why we can’t have programs with
pictures.

I’m also guessing your MSVC++ project files are from 2019.  Hopefully, I’ll
be able to sync up with whatever IDE you are using!

Thanks!

John