[x3d-public] X3D minutes 3 MAR 2022: announcements, SpotLight default values, NurbsSweptSurface NurbsSwungSurface found in FreeWrl, planning X3DOM WebXR

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:09:18 PST 2022

Thank you all for the good meeting!

We chose default beamWidth = pi * 3 / 16 . This corresponds to these images:

https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/blob/master/beam_width_test_images/1_beam_pi_3_16.png
https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/blob/master/beam_width_test_images/2_beam_pi_3_16.png
https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/blob/master/beam_width_test_images/3_beam_pi_3_16.png

For other alternatives we considered, see
https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/tree/master/beam_width_test_images
and attached screenshot.

For more details about Khronos certification, see my earlier mail "X3D
agenda 3 MAR 2022: announcements, Mantis issues, NurbsSweptSurface
NurbsSwungSurface, planning" on this list. The important link is
https://www.khronos.org/3dcommerce/certification/ .

Also: we didn't have time to go over that on the meeting, but I wanted
to point out my notes on particle emitter and X3DChildNode in "X3D
agenda 3 MAR 2022: announcements, Mantis issues, NurbsSweptSurface
NurbsSwungSurface, planning" . In short: X3DParticleEmitterNode should
not be X3DChildNode. The current spec is already correct.

Regards,
Michalis