[x3d-public] x3d.py package: Some feedback and suggestion for improvement; tuples and lists; updated x3d.py

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 21:38:40 PST 2022

Don,

I've upgraded my python, x3d.py and pip as well, and here's what I get.
I'm going to set up a virtual environment next

john at DESKTOP-8OPL3IE MINGW64 /c/x3d-code/
www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/python
$ python examples/HelloWorld.py
x3d.py package 4.0.60 loaded, have fun with X3D Graphics!
Python-to-XML well-formed XML document  test of XML output complete
Python-to-XML X3D 3.3 schema validation test of XML output complete
Python-to-VRML export of VRML output successful
Python-to-JSON export of JSON output successful (under development)
python x3d.py load and self-test complete for HelloWorld.py

john at DESKTOP-8OPL3IE MINGW64 /c/x3d-code/
www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/python
$ unset PYTHONPATH

john at DESKTOP-8OPL3IE MINGW64 /c/x3d-code/
www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/python
$ python examples/HelloWorld.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\stylesheets\python\examples\HelloWorld.py",
line 23, in <module>
    from x3d import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'x3d'

john at DESKTOP-8OPL3IE MINGW64 /c/x3d-code/
www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/python
$ export PYTHONPATH=.