[x3d-public] X3D geospatial meeting planning, resolving issues X3D4/X3D4.1

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Mar 17 07:08:28 PDT 2022

As mentioned in recent X3D meeting minutes, Dick and I are finalizing the
X3D4 Architecture specification and hoping to assemble geospatial
practitioners to confirm the following:

*	We understand current and planned levels of X3D geospatial
implementation maturity,
*	Triage on existing mantis issues: resolvable in X3D4, confirm and
defer to X3D4.1, or no fix needed.

Attached please find CSV file listing 15 relevant Mantis issues.  None are
particularly complex or difficult, some are incidental.  All are available
online at

*	Web3D Mantis View Issues
*	https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

Please ask Anita if you need membership access.  I can provide details on
request for any issue.

Mike is unavailable on Friday mornings.  Please advise regarding
availability Monday-Thursday on 28-31 March or 4-7 April, regular meeting
time 0800-0900 or 09-1000 pacific.

We are very close.  It will be good to achieve shared understanding.  This
also helps our group achieve a stable playing field in anticipation of
further work with Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC).

If unable to attend, please advise regarding your technical opinion on any
geospatial issue.