[x3d-public] Paths forward, Java for JSON Schema

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Mar 21 03:09:13 PDT 2022

Thanks for inquiry about bulk validation possibilities… Recently got update to Altova XMLSpy 2022 Enterprise Edition.

As before, this include capability to

*	Convert XML Schema to/from JSON Schema
*	https://www.altova.com/manual/XMLSpy/spyenterprise/urefconvert_xmlschematojsonschema.html

Using default settings with “latest JSON schema” selected, the current X3D 4.0 XML Schema converted to JSON and update saved at

*	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-4.0-JSONSchema.autogenerated.json

Please advise if you want different settings applied.  Should be interesting to compare their version with your version.

I suspect that bulk validation will be possible…  Just checked the XMLSpy project files autogenerated with each X3D Examples archive, will improve them and then try…

… fixed, adding entry for JSON models to catalog.  Bulk validation supported!  Screenshot attached.

Am now updating all catalogs and running a full rebuild of latest X3dToJson.xslt conversions.

Looks like we are back in business!  Have fun comparing/debugging/improving X3D JSON Schema and conversion patterns…

XMLSpy error log follows.  Again, this is using their autogenerated X3D JSON schema, not yours.  Onward we go.

File C:\x3d-code\www.web3d.org\x3d\content\examples\X3dForWebAuthors\HelloWorld.json is not valid.

               Property '-children' is not allowed here because schema property 'additionalProperties' is false.

                              Hint: A matching entry in 'properties' or 'patternProperties' is needed to successfully validate this object.

                              Error location: X3D / Scene / -children

                              Details

                                             Property 'Scene' is not valid.

                                             Property 'X3D' is not valid.

               Property '-children' is not allowed here because schema property 'additionalProperties' is false.

                              Hint: A matching entry in 'properties' or 'patternProperties' is needed to successfully validate this object.

                              Error location: X3D / head / -children

                              Details

                                             Property 'head' is not valid.

                                             Property 'X3D' is not valid.

               Property 'encoding' is not allowed here because schema property 'additionalProperties' is false.

                              Hint: A matching entry in 'properties' or 'patternProperties' is needed to successfully validate this object.

                              Error location: X3D / encoding

                              Details

                                             Property 'X3D' is not valid.

               Property '@xsd:noNamespaceSchemaLocation' is not allowed here because schema property 'additionalProperties' is false.

                              Hint: A matching entry in 'properties' or 'patternProperties' is needed to successfully validate this object.

                              Error location: X3D / @xsd:noNamespaceSchemaLocation

                              Details

                                             Property 'X3D' is not valid.

               Property 'JSON schema' is not allowed here because schema property 'additionalProperties' is false.

                              Hint: A matching entry in 'properties' or 'patternProperties' is needed to successfully validate this object.

                              Error location: X3D / JSON schema

                              Details

                                             Property 'X3D' is not valid.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https:// faculty.nps.edu/brutzman