[x3d-public] X3D agenda 24 March 2022: continuing Mantis issues review

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Mar 24 09:30:32 PDT 2022

1.	For our weekly X3D teleconference Friday 08-0900, Dick and I plan to
continue efforts resolving Mantis editorial issues for X3D4.  At this moment
we have  another 25 issues with draft changes applied for final review.

*	Web3D Consortium Mantis Issue Tracker
*	https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

*	X3D4 Architecture Draft Specification
*
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-CD1/Part01/
Architecture.html

*	What is X3D
*	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/what-x3d

All remaining document issues are editorial - X3D4 modeling and presentation
is available today, with steady progress among multiple implementations.

2.	Still unanswered is a request to geospatial experts for a focused
one-hour meeting reviewing X3D Geospatial issues.  We request their insight
as we resolve, reject or defer geospatial issues to future X3D4.1 efforts.

Have fun with X3D!   8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman