[x3d-public] X3D minutes 24 March 2022: continuing Mantis issues review

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Mar 25 09:29:50 PDT 2022

Attendees:  Anita Havele, Nicholas Polys, Dick Puk, Don Brutzman

We had a good discussion about opportunities with geospatial, medical and
other X3D components.

Again emphasized - X3D4 is done!  All functionality is complete.  Current
editorial efforts are simply buffing and polishing the document for ISO,
people should not hesitate to use it.

We came up with some useful clarifications today, resolving  a total of 10
Mantis issues this week.  Of note today:

*	Mantis 878: 13.3.4 ElevationGrid - No explicit statement of
row-major order
*	https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=878
*	X3D4 Architecture, Geometry3D component, ElevationGrid
*	Added “The height array values are given in row-major order from
left to right along the X axis, then back to front along the Z axis.”
*	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-CD1
/Part01/components/geometry3D.html#ElevationGrid

and

*	Mantis 873: 22.3.1 X3DEnvironmentalSensorNode - size field incorrect
minimum value
*	https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=873
*	X3D4 Architecture, Environmental sensor component, 22.3.1
X3DEnvironmentalSensorNode
*	Set field signature as SFVec3f   [in,out] size        0 0 0  (-∞,
∞)[0,∞)
*	Added “The center field defines the center location of the
specified sensor volume.”
*	Added “The size field defines the effective volume of the sensor. A
default value of 0 0 0 means that the sensor has no active volume and is
essentially disabled.”
*	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-CD1
/Part01/components/environmentalSensor.html#X3DEnvironmentalSensorNode

Special thanks to Roy Walmsley for reporting these two issues and many
others.

Have fun with X3D!

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman