[x3d-public] Base of X3DViewpointNode for GeoViewpoint

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Jan 1 12:59:07 PST 2023

Thanks for excellent comment Holger.  Apologies for delayed response on my
part.

I agree that consistent interface hierarchies are essential and required.

Next, please note updated url.  You provided a link to the earlier Committee
Draft (CD) version.

*	X3D4 Architecture, CD, 25.3.11 GeoViewpoint
*
https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V4.0/Part01/component
s/geospatial.html#GeoViewpoint

That document was updated as follows. This Draft International Specification
(DIS) passed ISO international balloting, Dick and I will be applying final
comments by Web3D Consortium and various national bodies to further improve
the document in coming weeks.

*	X3D4 Architecture, DIS, 25.3.11 GeoViewpoint
*
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-DIS/Part01/
components/geospatial.html#GeoViewpoint
*	SFNode     [in,out] navigationInfo    NULL
[NavigationInfo]

So it looks like this early omission was noted and handled in a previous
review.  Nevertheless your diligence is appreciated since the window for
error corrections is about to close.

Here are some additional checks that I performed, ensuring that this
important connection is included in our documentation, validation and code
libraries.

*	X3D Tooltips, GeoViewpoint NavigationInfo
*
https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#GeoViewpoint.navigationIn
fo

*	X3D Unified Object Model (X3DUOM), derived from X3D XML Schema,
includes it:

      <ConcreteNode name="GeoViewpoint">

         <InterfaceDefinition

specificationUrl=https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC1977
5-1v4-DIS/Part01/components/geospatial.html#GeoViewpoint

                               appinfo="GeoViewpoint specifies viewpoints
using geographic coordinates.">

            <componentInfo name="Geospatial" level="1"/>

            <Inheritance baseType="X3DViewpointNode"/>\

            <field name="navigationInfo"

                    type="SFNode"

                    accessType="inputOutput"

                    default="NULL"

                    acceptableNodeTypes="NavigationInfo"

                    inheritedFrom="X3DViewpointNode"

                    description="The navigationInfo field defines a
dedicated NavigationInfo node for this X3DViewpointNode."/>

X3DJSAIL, X3D Java Scene Access Interface Library  includes it

*	Package org.web3d.x3d.sai.Navigation, Interface X3DViewpointNode
*
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/java/javadoc/org/web3d/x3d/sai/Navigati
on/X3DViewpointNode.html
*	All Known Implementing Classes: GeoViewpoint, OrthoViewpoint,
Viewpoint

x3d.py python includes it:

class GeoViewpoint(_X3DViewpointNode):

    """

    GeoViewpoint specifies viewpoints using geographic coordinates.

    """

    @property # getter - - - - - - - - - -

    def navigationInfo(self):

        """[NavigationInfo] The navigationInfo field defines a dedicated
NavigationInfo node for this X3DViewpointNode."""

        return self.__navigationInfo

    @navigationInfo.setter

    def navigationInfo(self, navigationInfo):

        if  navigationInfo is None:

            navigationInfo = None # default

        assertValidSFNode(navigationInfo)

        if not navigationInfo is None and not
isinstance(navigationInfo,(NavigationInfo,ProtoInstance)):

            # print(flush=True)

            raise X3DTypeError(str(navigationInfo) + ' does not match
required node type (NavigationInfo,ProtoInstance) and is invalid')

        self.__navigationInfo = NavigationInfo

So looks like we are set.  Thanks again.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman