[x3d-public] X3DCanvas vs x3d-canvas, X_ITE - conversion stylesheet results

Holger Seelig holger.seelig at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 3 03:14:21 PST 2023

X_ITE does exactly what is documented here https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V4.0/Part01/components/geometry3D.html#f-IndexedFaceSettextureDefaultMapping to automatically calculate tex coords.

>> "The longest dimension of the bounding box defines the S coordinates, and the next longest defines the T coordinates."

In your example the longest dimension is as we can see the Y-axis, but the next longest dimension will change when the IFS is animated, sometimes it is the X-axis and sometimes it is the Z-axis. (You can see a flip)

Second, because the IFS is animated the tex coords will always change. (You see the texture moving)

Here are the lines how X_ITE does the calc: https://github.com/create3000/x_ite/blob/ad74f5212dae83c436bf0fc25eb4ac471301ae50/src/x_ite/Components/Rendering/X3DGeometryNode.js#L357

Please have a look at it. I cannot find a bug.

Best regards,
Holger