[x3d-public] How to post changes to X3D Node Inventory Comparison - X3D4 support updated and available

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 06:27:52 PST 2023

   - X3D4 Architecture, ISO Draft International Specification, Annex Z
   version content
   -
   https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-DIS/Part01/versionContent.htm
   <https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-DIS/Part01/versionContent.html>

Annex Z shows EnvironmentLight as 4.0. I thought it was delayed till 4.1,
and doesn't have new sound nodes, so is 'stale'
Otherwise it looks like a very handy tool.
-Doug
more...
Q. do you auto-generate from something else, and if so what, and how?
Ideally there would be a central database, and tooltips, browser node
comparison, annex z would all be autogenerated with push-of-button.
more..
Component-wise listings
For a few of these outputs, I would like to see 2 tabs / lists / pages: [
alphabetic ] [component-wise]
component-wise can help scene authors for example in browser-node
comparison it can be scary if they see a lot of random nodes not
implemented by a browser, but when seen component-wise the missing nodes
might all be in a component the scene author doesn't need anyway.
And developers are often working component-wise on implementation.
more..

https://www.web3d.org/wiki/index.php/Player_support_for_X3D_components

- here's another variant of player-support, but seems to be stale.

- could it either be removed, or auto-generated from .xlsx

more...

- for browser node support, most browsers have a website / web server and
so could provide a link to a standardized xml file showing their node and
field support

- and then web3d automation could pull from the stable links, and populated
the .xlsx browser node support table.