[x3d-public] HAninMotion that doesn't animate. It's HAnim component level 3 (well, sort of, not labeled a such). BVH?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 22:15:58 PDT 2023

Apparently, HAnimMotion is HAnim component level 3, and the model is
labeled HAnim component level 1 (see enclosure), profile is Immersive.
Doug recommended .bvh (he is wise), I'm hoping I can get concurrence from
Holger and Michalis to go with .bvh over HAnimMotion for mocap data.  I do
not know if x3d.py can export .bvh, but a X3D Blender .bvh plugin can. If
you need more examples of HAnimMotion, I can start by providing X3D and
X3DV with HAnimMotion, with Joe's approval. I can't provide original .fbx
or .blend.  Fix the one in the archive first?  Let me know.

Don, anyone, could you update the model in the archive to HAnim
component level 3, per:

https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-IS.proof/Part01/components/hanim.html#SupportLevels

See enclosure for model link information.  I am not sure
which browsers support HAnim component level 3?

For those of  you with your own data and you want to drive yourself, I am
working on HAnimMotion export for Blender, the experimental pre-alpha
plugin is here:

https://github.com/coderextreme/BlenderX3DSupport/tree/main/io_scene_x3dv

I'm guessing that Interpolators and Sensors can be used over
HAnimMotion...why?

Thanks for listening!

John