[x3d-public] Speeding up the process.

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Tue May 14 12:05:58 PDT 2024

copilot prompt: Regarding animation in Blender (Blender.org) graphical
editor: how to blend 2 different armature animations, for example walking
and arm motion?

I'll venture some wild, half-baked ideas:
Thinking in terms of HAnimMotions, a more thorough design of that would
have a mechanism to blend two or more Motion animations:
HAnimMotionSet {
MFString mode []  # add, replace
MFFloat factors []  # [0-1] not sure. for serial transitions, weight = f(
transition time )  was handy in freewrl
MFTime offsets []  # time offset of when the motion is added or replaces /
kicks-in
MFNode motions []  #regular motion nodes or a new MotionOrientation node
type, or hybrid
}
Then instead of multiple timers, the time offset of a motion node would
trigger the start.
Would this make it easier to import into Blender?
Could the orientation + timer method work something like that with the
timer start being a time offset in blender?
-Doug