[x3d-public] pirouette skeleton; topmost HAnimHumanoid and HAnimJoint names swapped?

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Nov 20 14:14:37 PST 2022

Here is two views of the top from X3D-Edit.

and

Your video showing isolation efforts was a major step forward in
troubleshooting.  I think the names for the top-two nodes may have been
swapped. or something like that.  42 other interpolators all look good when
we comment out the timing events getting ROUTEd to the
OrientationInterpolator DEF='Interpolator1_humanoid_root'.

      <!--

      <ROUTE fromField='fraction_changed' fromNode='RealTimer'
toField='set_fraction' toNode='Interpolator1_humanoid_root'/>

      <ROUTE fromField='value_changed' fromNode='FrameStepper'
toField='set_fraction' toNode='Interpolator1_humanoid_root'/>

      -->

Occupational hazard: be careful to "not make sense" of what any of the
DEF/name words might mean - they are labels chosen somewhat arbitrarily by
original capture team.  Also ignore LOA completely.  Instead we are trying
to get the correct, consistent mapping of the labels in the BVH file to the
X3D HAnim node structures.

Helpful:

*
https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation/MotionAnimation
/PirouetteIndex.html

includes links all current assets, including

*
https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation/MotionAnimation
/Pirouette.bvh

=========

HIERARCHY

ROOT hip

{

  OFFSET 0 0 0

  CHANNELS 6 Xposition Yposition Zposition Zrotation Yrotation Xrotation

  JOINT abdomen

  {

    OFFSET 0 20.6881 -0.73152

    CHANNELS 3 Zrotation Xrotation Yrotation

    JOINT chest

Etc.

=========

and here is the autogenerated HTML documentation showing what was produced
in the X3D:

*
https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation/MotionAnimation
/Pirouette.html#ROOT_hipHAnimHumanoidReport

===========================

HAnimHumanoid skeleton holds X3D4 HAnim2 triplets, HAnimJoint (43) :
HAnimSegment (43) : HAnimSite (15)

===========================

HAnimHumanoid DEF='BvhPirouette_ROOT_hip name='ROOT_hip' loa='-1'

  humanoid_root : sacrum

    abdomen : humanoid_root_to_abdomen

    | vl5 : l5

    |   neck : vl5_to_neck

    |   | skullbase : skull

    |   |   leftEye : skullbase_to_leftEye

    |   |   rightEye : skullbase_to_rightEye

    |   rCollar : vl5_to_rCollar

    |   | rShldr : rCollar_to_rShldr

    |   |   rForeArm : rShldr_to_rForeArm

    |   |     rHand : rForeArm_to_rHand

    |   |       rThumb1 : rHand_to_rThumb1

    |   |       | rThumb2 : rThumb1_to_rThumb2

    |   |       rIndex1 : rHand_to_rIndex1

    |   |       | rIndex2 : rIndex1_to_rIndex2

    |   |       rMid1 : rHand_to_rMid1

    |   |       | rMid2 : rMid1_to_rMid2

    |   |       rRing1 : rHand_to_rRing1

    |   |       | rRing2 : rRing1_to_rRing2

    |   |       rPinky1 : rHand_to_rPinky1

    |   |         rPinky2 : rPinky1_to_rPinky2

    |   lCollar : vl5_to_lCollar

    |     lShldr : lCollar_to_lShldr

    |       lForeArm : lShldr_to_lForeArm

    |         lHand : lForeArm_to_lHand

    |           lThumb1 : lHand_to_lThumb1

    |           | lThumb2 : lThumb1_to_lThumb2

    |           lIndex1 : lHand_to_lIndex1

    |           | lIndex2 : lIndex1_to_lIndex2

    |           lMid1 : lHand_to_lMid1

    |           | lMid2 : lMid1_to_lMid2

    |           lRing1 : lHand_to_lRing1

    |           | lRing2 : lRing1_to_lRing2

    |           lPinky1 : lHand_to_lPinky1

    |             lPinky2 : lPinky1_to_lPinky2

    rButtock : humanoid_root_to_rButtock

    | rThigh : rButtock_to_rThigh

    |   rShin : rThigh_to_rShin

    |     rFoot : rShin_to_rFoot

    lButtock : humanoid_root_to_lButtock

      lThigh : lButtock_to_lThigh

        lShin : lThigh_to_lShin

          lFoot : lShin_to_lFoot

Onward we go, step by step (ha ha).  Will troubleshoot further.  Thanks for
your time and efforts Joe, really crucial, we are getting closer to the
(literal) root of the matter.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman